Thursday, July 24, 2014

AF Canyon, 7/24/2013

So, the 24th of July is a state holiday here in UT, so I took the day off so that we could have a family party.  Well, it just so happens that my sister brought a guy to this family party who wanted to try climbing, so I offered to take them up AF canyon so that he could try it out.  Because he had never climbed before we decided to just hit up Hard Rock South Face since it is the beginner area of AF.

We hiked up to the area and decided to start out on the first pitch of Eight to Eleven which goes at about 5.6.  I ran up the route (in Chacos) and set up a TR so that they could climb it.

After Steph and her guy had finished TRing the route, we decided to move onto another 5.6 that is fairly new and I hadn't climbed before called Late for Dinner.  I onsighted the route in Chacos, then Steph and her guy ran up it on TR.

At this point Steph's guy was tired, but she wanted to try something a little bit harder, so I set up Stoic Calculus (5.8) so that she could show off her amazing ninja climbing skills on TR.

Unfortunately, no camera, so this is all you're getting;)

No comments:

Post a Comment